Fred and Tess
In the kitchen
Cinnamon Bun Gotcha Day Cake
Note from Fred & Tess:
We hope you like our cinnamon bun Gotcha Day cake.
230g whole wheat flour
35g cranberries, chopped
60ml olive oil
2 tbsp honey
1 egg, large
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
55g light cream cheese
2 tbsp milk
Preheat Oven to 170 (fan)
1) In a bowl, combine flour baking powder and salt.
2) In a separate bowl, stir together milk, oil and egg. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until you have a soft dough.
3) On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle that measures approx. 8inch by 14inch.
4) Drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with the cinnamon and cranberries.
5) Starting from a long edge, roll up (like a swiss roll) and pinch the edge to seal.
6) Using a serrated knife, slice half an inch thick and place slices cut side down and close together on a non-stick baking sheet.
(so when they cook and expand, they make a cake shape)
7) Bake for 15 minutes until they spring back when touched.
8) Mix the cream cheese and milk together ready to ice the cake.
9) Cool completely before spreading with the icing.