In the kitchen
Berry Barking Flapjacks
As we had oats left over from last month's porridge recipe we decided to make flapjacks, Mum said we can't be wasting food just now
- hello we are spaniels no need to waste food when we are around! BOL!
200g rolled oats
2 tbsp honey
3 tbsp sunflower oil
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 180, line an 18 - 20cm square baking tin with baking paper.
2. Add all ingredients into a large saucepan (measure the oil out before the honey as the oil helps the honey slip out of the spoon) and mix well.
Get your humans to do the next bit
- stir the ingredients over a low heat until everything is combined. If the berries burst it doesn't matter.
3. Tip the mixture in the baking tin and smooth out.
4. Bake for 20 mins until a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave the flapjacks to cool. Once cooled, remove from the tin and cut into doggy bite size pieces.
Store in an airtight container for up to a week
(if they last that long!)