In the kitchen
Chicken soup for the doggy
Note from Fred & Tess:
When it is cold weather, Mum makes soup. We ask to try some but the soup is either spicy or has cream in it and not good for us. So, Tess and I decided to make our own.
Chicken Soup for the dog and as Mum won't share with us then paws off it is ours, BOL!
Chicken piece on the bone approx. 800g (you get the best flavour from meat still on the bone)
1 Sweet Potato
1 Carrot (or in our case 2 as we share a carrot!)
1 stick of celery
1. Wash the vegetables and peel the sweet potato, then chop the vegetables into small pieces.
2. Place everything into a large pot and add a pinch of salt. Cover the ingredients with water (approx. 1.5 litres).
3. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 2 hours. Skim any fat that rises to the top.
4. After 2 hours turn of the heat and let it cool.
5. Once cool, remove the chicken and shred it into small pieces. Remove any bones and grizzle and then add the chicken back to the soup.
6. When ready to use the soup, warm it slightly and add some to your kibble (you want the kibble moist otherwise you make a mess! Bol!).
Stores for 1 week in the fridge or portion the soup and freeze it.