In the kitchen
Turkey Bisquits (makes 15)
Note from Fred & Tess:
We hope Santa Paws/Claws was kind to you. Mum is one of these strange people who loves days old turkey. Indeed, Dad will ask Mum what is for lunch and Mum will tell him 'turkey', and when he asks what is for dinner she replies 'warmed up turkey'! BOL!
So we decided to use a bit of the leftover turkey.
These bisquits are even better with a little warmed up weak gravy (try it, you will thank us!).
175g wholemeal flour
120ml lukewarm water
50g chopped cooked turkey
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 160 fan and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients together using a hand mixer with a dough hook attachment. Knead until the dough forms a ball.
3. Place the dough onto a floured work surface and roll the dough out until it is 5mm thick.
4. Cut out shapes using a cutter. Place the bisquits on the baking tray.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, until the bisquits are golden. Remove them from the oven and let them cool down.
The bisquits will keep fresh for a week if stored in an airtight container in the fridge.