In the kitchen
Best Ever, Just Like the Farmers Market Liver Cake
Note from Fred & Tess:
It was my 6th Gotcha Day and Mum and Dad said I needed two cakes to celebrate - a liver cake and a ninny-nanna treatsie cake. As Mum was using her sponge tins we were given a high-sided cake tin to use, which turned out just what we were needing to make the best ever liver cake. Nose bumps to Mum for her make do suggestion. So we thought we would revisit our first ever recipe for Tigger and improve it, BOL!
450g lambs liver
450g self-raising flour
3 medium eggs
Splash of olive oil, plus oil to coat the inside of the cake tin
1. Preheat the oven to 180 fan and coat the inside of the cake tin with the oil.
2. In a blender, blitz the liver until there is no lumps left.
3. Add the flour and blitz until you have a paste.
4. Add the eggs, oil and milk and blitz together. Then pour into the tin.
5. Bake for 40 minutes (though check after 30) or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool before cutting into pieces.
Will keep for a week in a fridge or it freezes very well.