Duke's Delights Recipe
So we are still deep in lockdown but it seems to be working as Covid 19 cases are coming down.
During Lockdown 1.0 hoomans were making banana bread.
In lockdown 3.0 I bring you Duke’s Delights (Sweet Heart Biscuits)
The good news is making the biscuits is simple.
1 sweet potato (medium sized)
125g beef heart
1 cup wholemeal flour (140g)
1/2 cup instant polenta (70g)
1 medium egg
1/2 cup rolled oats (56g)
1/4 cup water (60ml)
1. Switch oven on 160c, 325f or gas 3
2. Dice heart and blitz into a paste using a blender
3. Place flour, polenta and rolled oats into a mixing bowl.
4. Use a cheese grater, grate the uncooked unpeeled potato into the bowl.<b
r/> 5. Stir stuff in bowl together
6. Add heart paste, water and egg
7. Kneed stuff in bowl into a dough (add more water if needed).
8. Flour a worktop surface
9. Roll dough to 1cm thickness
10. Cut using a pastry cutter into your favourite shape.