In the kitchen
Cranberry, Almond & Orange Pawscotti
Note from Fred & Tess:
We are going on holiday soon and we like to make some treats to take to our holiday cottage. Well, we need fuel after Sir Fred of Warkworth inspects his castle, BOL!
This pawscotti recipe can be eaten by dogs and hoomans. We don’t know how long they keep fresh as they don't last long before they are down the bone shoot!
300g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
120g sliced almonds
50g chopped dried cranberries
3 large eggs, beaten
200g caster sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
Zest from 1 large orange
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
2) Sift flour, salt and baking powder into a large bowl. Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
3) Divide the mixture into four and roll into logs around 8 inch long.
Place two logs on each tray, allowing room to spread.
Bake for 25 mins and remove from oven. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
Reduce oven temperature to 120 degrees fan.
4) Cut logs into slices 1/2 inch thick and place back on the baking trays, cut side down.
5) Bake for 15 minutes and carefully turn over and bake for another 15 minutes.
Place on a wire rack to cool.
We don’t know how long they keep fresh as they don't last long before they are down the bone shoot!