In the kitchen
Ninny-Nanna Treatsie Bread
Note from Fred & Tess:
Dad said we should make a doggy-friendly banana bread (he didn't want to share his with us - too much sugar! Growl!), so we thought on how to make one. We swapped that sugar with honey and milk and Mum suggested we added some blueberries she had left.
So we did and I think it is the best bake w have ever made.
When it was time to make it only Tess was around as Fred was 'meditating' with Dad for an hour - more like sleeping! Bol!
350g self-raising flour
15g runny honey
150 ml milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 fan. Line a loaf tin with baking paper liner.
2. Mash the banana and add it to all the ingredients except the blueberries.
Mix everything together ( you want to the consistency to be a thick paste), using a mixer or electric whisk.
If mixture is too thick add a little bit milk.
3. Add the blueberries and mix slightly (you don't want to burst all the blueberries).
Pour into the prepared tin.
4. Bake in the over for 45 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out dry.
Remove from oven and leave to cool completely until cold.
5. Cut the Ninny-Nanna Treatsie Bread into squares
We don't know how long it will store for as a tub of the bread squares lasts for two days before we defrost another tub!
The bread does freeze well.