In the kitchen
Note from Fred & Tess:
We decided to use another of Mum's fancy biscuit cutters and bartered with Mum to use some of the elusive flour and an egg! BOL! We paid in nose bumps and offered to lick the dishes clean, so it was okay.
140g wholemeal flour
80g fine oat meal
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp smooth apple sauce (though lumps are fine, we used that as that is all Mum had in)
3 tbsp doggy friendly peanut butter
1 large egg
80g cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 160
2. Combine all the ingredients except for the cranberry sauce and knead together using a hand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Pour in 40ml water and continue to knead until everything is mixed well.
3. Place the dough on a floured work surface and roll out to 1cm thickness. Use a jammy dodger cutter and cut out shapes and every second shape cut out the heart shape.
4. Place the biscuits on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for 15 minutes.
5. Once cooled, spread the cranberry sauce over a whole biscuit and top with a heart centre biscuit.
6. Makes 8 biscuits maybe 9 and will keep in an airtight tub in the fridge for a week (as if they will last that long, we have already scoffed two BOL!).